How to Adopt a Springer
Please fill in the application form answering all the questions. We will reply via email first to let you know if we think you are suitable or not to adopt one of our Springer’s. If you are successful we will call you and have a chat about your application. Your vet will be contacted for a verbal reference we will arrange for a home visit, which will be carried out by a member of Springer spaniel rescue. Providing all stages have been successful you will be placed on a waiting list until a suitable Springer spaniel comes into the rescue. You must be willing to travel to a foster home to visit and collect your new dog. You will be asked to make a donation towards our work.As a non profiting organisation we receive no outside funding. An appropriate donation to Springer Rescue will be required when you receive your dog. This will help with veterinary, telephone, kennelling and travelling expenses. Please note, the donation is not refundable.
There is also certain criteria that you must meet in order to adopt one of our Springers :-
1) Have owned and gained experience and knowledge of springer spaniels or
very similar active breeds.
2) Be able to recognise possible behavioural issues and know how to avoid
or rectify them or even live with them!
3) Have financial security to pay for veterinary treatment or have
insurance to cover costs.
4) Be registered with a veterinary practise so we can contact them for a
5) You must not leave your Springer spaniel any longer than 4hrs in one
day.(very rare occasions is acceptable)
6) You must be able to provide an active daily exercise routine of at
least 2hours per day.
7) Be able to provide your springer with a good quality diet that is
suitable for this breed.(advice & recommendations can be given)
8) Always keep a collar and ID tag irrespective of if they are chipped(
this is a requirement by law)
9) Children living with the dog must be over 5 years old and be already used to
a boisterouus spaniel type breed.